Sunday, October 14, 2012



The 70th birthday quilt top is complete!! I am so happy to finally have all the blocks together. Thank you Kerryn for convincing me I should go with the flying geese sashing. Even though there was some cursing as I pieced the 200 flying geese required, plus the 25 corner stones, the outcome is much nicer than if I had just done plain corner stones.

Now it is our master quilters turn to add her magic touch. I am really looking forward to seeing what Leeanne comes up with. I know she will make the quilt 'sing'

Take care, Barb

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo....this is awesome! You must be pleased. Glad you stuck with all those geese, it really does make the quilt.
    I think you might have problems giving this one away?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome work Barb - you are right, those flying geese really lift it to the next level!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I am a bit behind the times, better late than never aye..... awesome work Barbara. Love the flying geese, and I know our fav quilter will do some wonderfull quilting!!!!

    ReplyDelete