Monday, September 29, 2014

Jeni from Woolen Willow's sew along




I am right up to date!! A great sew along with wool applique. The first time I have appliqued with wool and I am loving it. I am using aurefil wool thread and whip stitch. The thread 'blends' in so well with the wool fabric.

Jeni ran a competition to name this quilt and our very own Leeanne won. The quilt will be known as 'Life of Plenty'. Congratulations my fellow 'sister'. Leeanne's prize was a box of wool aurefil thread. She will have lots of fun with that I am sure.

I have no idea what is coming next but cats and pumpkins have been mentioned by Jeni. As for size? Jeni doesn't know yet what the finished quilt will be like, she appears to be designing as she goes. I wonder what this week will bring?

3 comments:

  1. Oh love your progress! looks great, you make me want to start, perhaps I should now I have won some of the threads! Thanks for sharing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great Barbara - well done!!! Good ole Leeanne! Great post :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good Barb....good on you for being up to date. And its nice to hear that one of our sisters won the naming... nice!

    ReplyDelete