Friday, September 21, 2012

The find of today

I found a gollie pattern to add to our selection in a small town on our travels  yestersay. There were only about 6 shops in the town and one shop had knitting, sewing, embroidery and patchwork supplies. Everything was in boxes and on the floor, shelving was an unheard of concept I think. I found the pattern in the botton of a box. By the look of it the pattern may have been in the box for several years! There was also some very interesting material on display. The bolts were all wrapped in plastic and when I said I would like to make a purchase the shop owner who was well into her 80s suggested that unwrapping the plastic and measuring out the material was really in the too hard basket! Needless to say I walked out of the shop empty handed except for my $3 pattern which by the way has the material to make the appliqué gollie included!

Sorry there is no photo. I managed to work out how to take a photo with my iPad but downsizing it was beyond me. I will have to show you on my return.

Take sister B



2 comments:

  1. Well sounds as though it was an interesting shop, wonder what she is going to do with all the bolts of fabric....
    Good work on the pattern find and with material for making the golly, wonder how long its been waiting for a home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! No wonder things don't sell, if nobody can be bothered unpacking things for customers!! Just as well the patterns were out of their packaging or she wouldn't have been bothered selling you that either. A $3 pattern with fabric sounds like a bargain to me!! Looking forward to hearing more of your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete